Eventos Pasados/ Past Events
Barrio E'nsemble performed at the
1st America's Latino Festival in Boulder, CO.
Educational and Interactive Bomba performance where people across ages participated.
After Performance - Barrio E' provided a workshop - Teaching Yuba Rhythms in the drums and dance step.
The event was Free and Open to the Public!
All Ages were encouraged and Welcome!
Pa'l Batey is a FREE social event open to the general community in Colorado sponsored by Barrio E' and partnerships with other groups or institutions.
Our first Pa'l Batey Event took place on November 22, 2013 at St. John's Episcopal Church. 1419 Pine Street, Boulder CO 80302 7:30 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
Motive: To build a community who promotes Puerto Rican music, dances and songs in Colorado and beyond.
This is "a jangueo", meaning people getting together to sing, dance, play instruments, bring your own or use Barrio E's instruments. It is FREE open to friends, colleagues, family, and community, all ages welcome! We just want to enjoy each other’s company in a fun, safe and welcoming environment. Come and play music, dance, sing or just hang out. If you have taken our classes/workshops you could use/practice what you have learned with Barrio E' and beyond.
Celebrating Immigrant Heritage Week - City of Boulder, CO
Barrio E'nsemble and guest visitor Master Alex LaSalle delighted the City of Boulder with an educational and interactive Bomba performance.
Free and Open to the Public!
All Ages Encouraged and Welcome!
The City of Boulder
Barrio E' at the 1st Salsa & Bachata Congress - Denver, CO
Barrio E' in Denver
* Barrio E' Booth! - Friday Oct 3 and Oct 4 2013
* Intensive Puerto Rican Bomba Dance Workshop
Saturday Oct 4, 2013
4:30 - 5:30 p.m.
* Electrifying Barrio E'nsemble Bomba Performance
with guest Master Bombero Alex LaSalle
Saturday Oct 4, 2013
Sherman Street Event Center
1770 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203
Barrio E' and guest Master Alex LaSalle at CU- Boulder
Past Events Spring 2013 - Eventos pasados:
* Sunday January - March 10, 2013 - Kids, Adult and Family Classes @Kakes Studios, Boulder, CO
* Thursdays January 31- March 21- After School Program Creekside Elementary School (3rd-5th Grades)
* Wednesday March 6. - Free Bomba and Plena Class 7pm @ Shine Restaurant Boulder, CO
* Saturday March 16 - African Art and Cultural Explosion African Students' Association @ CU - Boulder
* Saturday March 30 - Wedding in Castle Rock
* Saturday April 6- Intensive Bomba Workshop - 1-3 p.m. Mercury Cafe : 2199 California St. Denver, CO 80205)
* Saturday April 13 - CU International Festival - Barrio E' performance at 5 p.m. Univ of Colorado - Boulder
* Saturday April 20, 2013 - Barrio E'nsemble Presentation @ CSU Fort Collins.
Open to the General Public 2:00-4:00 p.m. - Puerto Rican Abolition Slavery Celebration.
* Friday April 26, 2013 - Barrio E'nsemble performance. INTERCAMBIO Program at YMCA Longmont, CO.
* Saturday April 27, 2013 - Barrio E' Demo @ International Children Festival Tivoli Building, Denver, CO
* Sunday / Domingo May 5, 2013 - Cinco de Mayo Festival Denver Civic Center -
Downtown Denver - Folklorico Stage - 12:00 -12:30 p.m.
* Barrio E'nsemble at the Puerto Rican Festival. Sunday June 9, 2013 - 2:30 p.m. - Stapleton, Denver
El Conjunto Barrio E' tocara en el Festival de Puerto Rico.
Come Early. We will have information and live music at our booth at the Festival.
Join Master Bombero Alex LaSalle and Barrio E' at CU-Boulder
Dance and Culture Class 9:00-9:50 a.m.
Dance and Theater Department
Host: Professor Donna Leah Mejia (CU)
Professor Amma Ghartey-Tagoe Kootin (CU)
Professor Tamara Roberts (Univ of California, Berkeley)
Seminar / Conference
Event in Honor of Hispanic Heritage Month (12:00 - 1:30 p.m.)
The Dennis Small Cultural Center
Renee Marino (DSCC Event Planner)
Anna Ferris (University Libraries - CU-Boulder)